Thousands of information management professionals receive our data management best practices and tips each month — via the First San Francisco Partners newsletter.
They also get news on industry events (often with discount information) and excerpts from the FSFP blog, where we share 3–4 stories each month on topics like data governance, data quality and remediation, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and more. Join our pros list now.
Noveber 2018 Newsletter
Here are highlights from our latest issue:
- Agile Data Governance: A Modern Approach for Self-Service Analytics – Scalable and sustainable data governance is at the heart of digital transformation. But with hundreds of thousands of data sources, potentially millions of different data sets, and a growing number of self-service users consuming information broadly — traditional top-down, workflow-driven data governance just can’t keep up. On Tuesday, November 27, we’re presenting an exclusive webinar with Alation on Agile-Driven Data Governance: a Bottom-up Approach. Our Chief Innovation Officer Malcolm Chisholm joins Alation co-founder Aaron Kalb to share best practices and practical approaches for a modern approach to governance that’s agile, scalable and leverages machine learning to enable user empowerment, collaboration and data democracy. Join us on this webinar to learn about:
- Creating a framework for bottom-up-driven governance that balances user empowerment and collaboration with data regulatory/privacy compliance
- Managing data acquisition and data stewardship with agile methodologies
- Integrating the data catalog into holistic governance practices to link data producers and consumers
- Building a data architecture foundation to support agility and scale
- NOTE: The live webinar is not available any longer. If you’d like to get the replay link, contact marketing (at) firstsanfranciscopartners.com.
- The Impact of Governing Quality Analytics – The topic of governing analytics is one we have covered before in our Data Insights & Analytics webinar series. In her new blog post, our CEO and founder Kelle O’Neal talks about how a data-centric approach to analytics governance delivers value and creates a foundation for more collaboration within your organization. Read Kelle’s perspectives in Why Quality Analytics Needs Governance and How to Get Started.
- Knowledge Management Webinar Recap – If you weren’t able to dial in to our November DATAVERSITY webinar, here’s a brief recap of the Big Data as a Gateway to Knowledge Management program.