Kelle O’NealThousands of information management professionals receive our data management best practices and tips each month — via the First San Francisco Partners newsletter.
They also get news on industry events (often with discount information) and excerpts from the FSFP blog, where we share perspectives on topics like data governance, data quality, data catalogs, women in the information management industry, the GDPR and the CCPA and more. Join our industry pros list now.
May 2019 Newsletter
Here are highlights from our latest issue:
- CCPA is Effective Next January 1: Are You Prepared? —Interest in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is heating up — yet awareness seems low, according to our Chief Innovation Officer Malcolm Chisholm. Malcolm says that, given the fact CCPA goes into effect next January 1, it doesn’t appear to have the same visibility as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) had in Europe seven months prior to its effective date. On our blog, Malcolm offers a CCPA overview — who must comply with the regulation, who and what is protected by CCPA, consumers’ rights (e.g., Right to Delete and Right to Access PI), CCPA penalties, etc. — and outlines what you can do to become 2020-ready:
- Know the CCPA-sensitive data that you have
- Understand where the data resides and why you have it
- Begin the road to compliance with a “privacy-by-design” governance program
- Spotlight on Debbie Collins, Data Architect and Data Modeler — We continue our Women in Information Management series with a spotlight on Debbie Collins, one of FSFP’s consultants. With more than 20 years of experience as a data modeler and data architect, Debbie has much to share on topics that include what it takes to thrive in our industry, how she partners with our clients to help them better understand and get value from their data — and what Debbie spends time on outside of work. We hope you enjoy our profile on Debbie.
- We’re Heading to San Diego for DGIQ — Malcolm Chisholm and our CEO Kelle O’Neal join the roster of industry speakers at the June 3–7 Data Governance and Information Quality Conference (DGIQ). If you’re attending DGIQ, please say hello to Malcolm and Kelle and catch their sessions, too:
- Successful Data Governance for Data Lakes , Meeting the CCPA Challenge and Emerging Trends in Data Governance (Malcolm)
- Growing Your Data Governance Program: Progress vs. Meaningful Impact (Kelle)