Did you know that thousands of information management pros receive our EIM best practices and tips — via the First San Francisco Partners newsletter?
They also get news on industry events (often with discount information) and excerpts from the FSFP blog. Join them now.
May 2017 Newsletter
Here are highlights from our May issue:
- Is quality a “big deal” for Big Data? Our President and Chief Delivery Officer John Ladley shares his thoughts on a topic that some consider up for debate — whether large volumes of data can, in effect, dampen out any data inconsistency. Read Is Data Quality Important for Big Data?, and consider weighing in on the topic by leaving a comment for John.
- “Business people often ask the what and how questions. Data Scientists ask why.” (Narasimha Edala) Did you attend our May Data Insights & Analytics webinar, where we interviewed Data-Bloom’s Chief Data Scientist Narasimha Edala? It was a lively discussion, with Narasimha speaking with knowledge and passion about the data scientist role. His remarks covered his professional experience, skills and training that are beneficial for a data scientist, and he answered questions from the live (and very engaged) audience. Read webinar recap.
- Data Governance resource. Data Governance can be an organizational hot potato with departments unsure or unwilling to take responsibility for the program and its initiatives. Our nine-page guide, “The role of IT in business-led Data Governance,” focuses on the Information Technology area and addresses the key resources, roles and responsibilities that can lead to transformational, lasting Data Governance success. Download guide.
- Connect with us online and on the road
- June 1 Webinar “Data-Centric Development.” Join our June 1 Data Insights & Analytics webinar with our Chief Innovation Officer Malcolm Chisholm. You’ll hear how successful, data-driven organizations embed data-centric processes to improve their data and related initiatives. Learn more and RSVP.
- June 12–16 Data Governance & Information Quality (DGIQ) Conference. DGIQ is the world’s largest event dedicated entirely to data governance and information quality — and FSFP will be there in full force! View our Data Governance session topics, and say hello to FSFP if you’ll be in San Diego.