First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) is a leading business advisory and information management consultancy dedicated to helping companies leverage their data to improve strategic decision-making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our services span data governance, data quality, data architecture, master data management, analytics and big data.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Are you an experienced data governance professional looking to elevate your career to the next level? Would you welcome the opportunity to apply your data management knowledge and leverage innovative technologies to creatively solve key data challenges for today’s leading businesses? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and rapidly evolving work environment?
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Data Governance Consultant. This role will be responsible for assessing data management environments and governance capabilities to make data actionable for the business and to turn information into value.
- Conduct data management maturity assessments and identify pain points for capabilities including data quality, governance, architecture, analytics, metadata management, master data management, etc.
- Help build future-state governance strategy and roadmaps.
- Justify the road map by building a strong business case with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrate a rigorous and analytical problem-solving approach, leading information-gathering sessions and preparing and delivering client presentations and work products/prototypes.
- Provide thought leadership, frameworks and best practices required to deliver effective data governance solutions to clients.
- Identify data governance gaps and assess data governance maturity in a complex data environment.
- Identify the implications for data governance that arise from the technology, current processes and skill levels in a complex data environment.
- Identify the implications for data governance that arise from the types of data being ingested (e.g., structured, semi-structured, unstructured), the volumes, the rate of change and the number of sources involved.
- Identify the implications for data governance that arise from legal, privacy, contractual and compliance obligations in a data lake environment.
- Develop a strategy for data governance, including a high-level roadmap.
- 3+ years of data strategy and data governance, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Good knowledge of data governance and data management concepts, approaches and tools, especially the role of data governance in the successful implementation of data strategy.
- Good analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to explain value of data governance to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze complex environments, distill concepts and present to clients.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong data understanding through experience.
- Ability to travel over 50% of the time to client sites (if required).
- Candidate must be able to work remotely.
How to Apply for the Position
To apply for this job, please email us your resume with a cover letter mentioning this job posting.