Earlier this month, Kelle O’Neal and John Ladley took a fresh look at the topic of knowledge management, covering its history and how it applies today to Big Data and analytics in a Data Insights & Analytics webinar, a partnership with DATAVERSITY.
What follows is a brief recap of the Big Data as a Gateway to Knowledge Management webinar. To hear the full one-hour educational program, visit DATAVERSITY’s webinar archive. Our presentation material can be found here on SlideShare.
Knowledge Management Webinar Highlights
- Knowledge management, the process of creating, sharing, using and managing an organization’s knowledge and information, is again at the forefront of data management. It’s a concept that was a hot topic back in the ’90s, when data volumes began to grow and the potential of data warehouses and business intelligence were getting a lot of focus in the industry.
- Business drivers that support knowledge management are:
- the overwhelming wave of data volume
- unstructured data (email messages, survey responses, call center transcripts, social media conversations, etc.)
- a loss of organizational knowledge and wisdom via an aging and transitioning workforce
- the need to reuse valuable knowledge and stop reinventing the wheel
- Today’s technology supports knowledge management via advancements in technology — e.g., AI, machine learning, linguistic analysis, text mining, etc.
Up Next Month: Trends and Predictions for 2019
Join us next month for a topic that promises to be an engaging one, when Kelle and John reflect on 2018 and reveal how it may inform new opportunities and challenges in 2019.
This webinar will include:
- A look at key industry learnings from 2018
- A forecast of the analytics opportunities in the areas of people, technology, data and processes
- Real-world case studies to inform and illuminate
- An extended Q&A session with Kelle and John
We hope you join us for our next webinar, Trends and Predictions for 2019, on Thursday, December 6. RSVP and learn more.