With business and customer information spread across multiple applications, systems and databases, large enterprises often struggle to create a single source of truth from which to pull data.
Inconsistencies result if data shared across systems isn’t properly reconciled and normalized – but setting up a process to do so can be difficult.
It all comes down to what’s called master data – “entity” data about customers, suppliers, partners, products, materials and accounts that is created with each transaction, application, report and decision. Effectively managed and integrated, this data can deliver the insights necessary to improve decision making – driving measurable business success. Unmanaged, it represents a wasted opportunity.
That’s where First San Francisco Partners’ master data management (MDM) expertise comes in. Our team of consultants has decades of experience helping organizations conceptualize and deploy the processes and technologies necessary to gain a single, reliable view of master data. This reduction in complexity results in:
- New, trusted views of data for improved reporting and decision-making
- Improved customer service, acquisition and customer retention – a 360-degree view of the customer
- Enhanced data integrity and data transparency to improve regulatory reporting compliance and reduce risk
- Improved operational efficiencies through better quality master data, resulting in less manual processing and errors
FSFP doesn’t exist to sell a particular piece of software or master data management application. We’re vendor-neutral and technology-agnostic – our holistic approach to master data management allows us to combine best practices with business goals to meet every organization’s individual needs.
We start by defining a MDM strategy, being sure to align the initiative with an overarching data governance program. Then we determine the best data architecture and data integration methodologies. Only after integration and streamlined workflows have been achieved do we put the MDM strategy into action.
Agile Master Data Management™
Our proprietary master data management implementation approach, Agile Master Data Management™, provides you with a working solution in the shortest amount of time and with the lowest amount of risk. Our consultants can help you:
- Create business, technical and architectural requirements
- Scope a realistic MDM implementation plan and effort
- Prioritize data domains based on business value
- Implement market-leading MDM, customer data integration (CDI) and product information management (PIM) technologies
- Identify and implement value-added technologies such as data quality and metadata management
Ready to transform your master data management processes? First San Francisco Partners can help. Contact us today to learn more.