Data governance sets up the strategy, organization, directives and measurement practices to ensure you’re driving the prioritized activities and initiatives that result in tangible business value to your organization.
Governance acts as a wrapper around other information and data management capabilities to provide guidance, accountabilities and business context — making it foundational for many, if not all, data initiatives.
- Establish data governance as a core competence and enterprise service line
- Eliminate common roadblocks to adoption
- Define a corporate data governance strategy
- Analyze your data governance performance and business impact
- Identify the right operating model for your culture and organization
- Achieve meaningful, sustainable results aligned to your business objectives
- Operationalize your data governance strategy
The Operating Model is established and decisions are made. Critical Data Elements have been prioritized and are being defined. Initial communications and training are delivered.
Data Governance is engaged with projects and strategic programs. Data Management activities are progressing. Data literacy is increasing across the organization. Data is understood and protected.
Measurable impact to the company is recognized. Data Governance/management progress ties to impact. Data is elevated to C-level and Board-level planning. Data is trusted and valued.
Sustained and Optimized
Data Governance proactively supports dynamic business requirements and changes. Data management capabilities are supporting innovation and growth.
Want To Read About Data Governance?