You likely know your organization’s metadata challenges, even if you never defined the problems that way before. Getting a better grasp on your business, technical and operational metadata can facilitate the management and use of high-value data assets that are clearly defined, managed, integrated, governed, shared and linked to high-priority business objectives.
- Identify the scope, accountability and prioritization of metadata for providing maximum business value
- Establish consistency and standardization of data definitions, classifications and taxonomies
- Evaluate and implement an automated data management tool to connect to and collect technical metadata in a central repository
- Mitigate risk and increase regulatory compliance by providing a holistic picture of enterprise-wide data
- Improve the traceability, lineage and understanding of data assets by mapping your information supply chain
- Increase productivity, efficiency and accuracy of data usage by implementing processes to create, share and sustain metadata content
Want To Read About Metadata Management?