In today’s digital age, data is the potential powerhouse of every business. That’s why First San Francisco Partners created the Data-Centric Development Life Cycle (DCLC), a proprietary project development methodology that leverages the shift from process to information — and addresses the unique needs of data-centric development projects such as Data Lake, Big Data, BI/Analytics, Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Warehouse.
DCLC’s iterative methodology brings data problems and opportunities to the forefront before development begins — rather than during testing or after Production implementation.
The DCLC methodology:
- Overcomes challenges and limitations of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework
- Emphasizes learning as much about Source Data as quickly as possible
- Allows for iterative refinement of project information requirements
- Increases efficiency driven by clarity for the project team to know what they have to do around data, and how different roles work together
- Reduces risk of project delays and avoids rework by surfacing issues right at the start, rather than after outputs are built
- Ensures the right artifacts are created
Our DCLC consulting services include:
- Readiness assessment
- DCLC training
- Process descriptions
- Roles and responsibility descriptions
- Artifact templates
- Project methodology audits
- Integration with metadata strategy and knowledge management strategy
Interested in applying our DCLC methodology to your Data Lake, Big Data, BI/Analytics, MDM or other large-scale enterprise information management project? Schedule a DCLC information session with us.