Our November CDO Vision webinar with DATAVERSITY highlighted data strategy success stories, focusing on enterprise information management (EIM) initiatives that met or exceeded their stated goals.
Co-presenters Kelle O’Neal and John Ladley covered a variety of industry examples, including energy and retail. They set up the firms’ data issues and opportunities, the focus of the EIM initiative and the successes they achieved. They looked for “wins” from both large and small-scale initiatives — because the benefits realized from, for example, a significant multi-line of business initiative would look different from a smaller win in governance. Yet both efforts were successful.
How do you define EIM success? Kelle and John offered these examples:
- Raises data’s visibility to the organizational level
- Brings people together to support the strategic vision
- Makes the organization a more data-centric one
- Improves efficiency and productivity
- Reduces costs of IT, processes, data, etc.
- Improves cost and delivery of key projects
- Makes the data strategy business as usual — i.e., part of the organization
To hear the November 3 replay with Kelle’s and John’s takeaways from these success stories, visit the webinar archive. We invite you to dial in to our December 1 CDO Vision webinar, 2017 Trends in Data Strategy, which is sponsored by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.