A global company adopted Collibra to reduce data duplication, standardize processes, better inform value and share value across the enterprise.
Background: Our client is a biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing better health to people worldwide. It’s one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Asia and one of the top 20 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world by revenue.
- Data governance (DG) and Collibra strategy to support standardized data acquisition.
- Acceleration and adoption of Collibra for the client’s United States business unit.
- Needed support for the expansion and adoption of Collibra, which was initially implemented through the acquisition of another pharmaceutical company.
- With a focus on third-party data acquisition, aimed to reduce data duplication, standardize processes, better inform value and share value across the enterprise through Collibra.
- Required operationalization of the data acquisition process, with a focus on capturing critical datasets and related metadata across multiple business units.
- Aligned approach to business goals, leadership and stakeholder analysis and engagement recommendations, with a detailed assessment of the client’s data acquisition process and detailed data map content.
- Evaluated the current implementation of Collibra adoption and content across the organization.
- With the focus on data acquisition, designed a data governance operating model and detailed data acquisition process.
- Developed a Collibra design to support the data acquisition and the newly updated overall data governance operating model.
- Focused on the business glossary as a critical component to establish DG in the U.S. business unit and engage data stewards in the catalog.
- Worked with a key business unit to implement governance and Collibra to support data acquisition, creating a model to promote it in an informational roadshow to engage other areas of the organization.
- Brought in other business areas as the second DG and Collibra expansion push as part of the engagement.
- Built excitement about all types of metadata that can be collected and shared within Collibra to support the client’s overall data strategy, building understanding, trust and accountability within the tool.
- Redirected focus to leveraging automation through metadata connectors and workflow development.